Saturday, October 23, 2010

I Need A Permit

Does anyone know how to get a permit to have pigs on your property? It seems my son has taken on some porcine traits and I don't want to get a fine.

No, really. Dakin ate THIRTY-NINE caloric ounces today, with the final total plus water coming to, like, fifty five. Piglet! I don't know where he's putting it all. I checked to see if it was dribbling out his ear, but it's not. So I obviously need a permit if I'm going to keep pigs in the city limits.

Anyhoo...today was a great day. After he woke up from his nap, we played and snuggled on the couch for a while, and then took his new powerchair out for a spin. He really wanted to see the truck parked across the street, so he made his way over there. He did great driving--took himself all the way down to the end of the street and partway down the other. The other day he could only go a few inches! Major progress. We would have stayed out longer, but this huge storm complete with tornado warnings blew through, so we hurried home, turned on the Halloween lights and sat under the porch for a few minutes before it got going. Good stuff.

No comments: