Saturday, June 25, 2011

I Am Speed

Today we did something we have never done before. We took Dakin to the movies! He absolutely loves Cars, so we thought Cars 2 might be a good first time foray into the world of big screen cinema. I was really nervous about it for a few reasons: 1. I was anticipating one bajillion people there, 2. Movie theaters are not known for being particularly clean places, and 3. Dakin does NOT do well with loud noise.

But we thought we'd give it a shot. We told him where we were going, and he said "I so excited!" And he did wonderfully! In fact, he was the best behaved child in the theater. He laughed his way through the movie with his little 'ha ha' and didn't even throw a fit at the little Pixar lamp, which he HATES on the Cars DVD. He spent about 20 minutes on Daddy's lap partway through, but we didn't need to suction and there was no fussing about lying down. After we ate at Olive Garden, where he even ate some of the breadsticks and my salad.

All in all a successful, 'normal' day. It was really nice. And I apologize for the quality of this picture...it was taken on my cell phone and it was dark in there, of course. But if you peer closely, you can make out his ginormous smile.

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Awesome Dakin!!! I still remember my first movie at the theater, and I think Cars 2 was a great choice for yours!! I am so glad that it worked out perfectly and you got to have such a blessed normal day!! Also don't you LOVE the breadsticks at Olive Garden?!? Those are too yummy to resist!!!

Junior said...

wooohooo Dakin, such a lucky boy getting to go to the movies. So happy you liked Cars 2.

Jessica said...

How fun! I want to take Nicholas too! I am waiting for it to be out for awhile though...just nervous about how he will do. Was the movie good?

h0peful mummy said...

fantastic! your post made me smile for 2 reasons. firstly because i can imagine how much he enjoyed it and yes, i can just about see the huge smile lighting up your photo. secondly because we took eilidh to see her first cinema film last weekend - kung fu panda 2 - and i have a very similar photo (exact same quality) on my mobile of niamh and eilidh! hope that you are well devon, take care x

Colleen said...

How fun! Isaac hasn't been to the theater for all of the above too, but I'm thinking about taking him this summer. Cars 2 is a good start!

Kristen said...

Sounds like so much fun!! : )